Harpoon 4-2Exhaust system

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harpoon 4-2Exhaust system

Hello!
    Does anybody know the brand "harpoon"? i´ve bought an used 4-2 system an have problems with the german devil nr.1, the TÜV. To enter the installation in the papers, i need an part opinion or s.th. else like this. Does s.b. have an idea what i can do? Thanks a lot

Greets,Andi
    Greets from Berlin,Germany!
    ´89 cat, ´84 XS400, ´67 Simson Schwalbe

Grüß Dich!

Harpoon gibt es nicht in den USA, also kennen wir es nicht. Was für Probleme hast du damit beim TüV?

=-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Mein Problem is,das ich für dat ding ein Teilegutachten oder ne ABE brauch. Der Vorbesitzer meldet sich nich, den kann ich also nich fragen. Wenn man auf die HP von harpoon geht,auf "Kontakt",erscheint:

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 814-353-7350

Fax: 814-353-7350

US Mail: Centre Cycle Works
      146 South Water Street
      Bellefonte, PA 16823

Und das is nich USA? Hätt ich jetz gedacht.
      Danke schonmal!

Gruß Andreas

Comment

Je nach http://www.centrecycleworks.com/harpoon_about.htm steht es das Harpoon im Barcelona, Spanien gebaut wert, und das CentreCycleWorks nur das Importierter für den USA ist (nicht der Hersteller).

Also, muss du der Hersteller im Barcelona (Spanien) aussuchen um zu sehen wenn ein TüV Zulassungsbrief schon existiert (oder EU Zulassungsbrief). Mein Spanisch ist nicht gut genug um der Hersteller zu finden durch Google, USW. aber ich hab ein Email an CentreCycleWorks geschickt um das Information über der Hersteller zu bekommen. Hoffentlich werden CCW mich beantworten -- wenn, dann wert ich das Datei weitergeben.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          Je nach http://www.centrecycleworks.com/harpoon_about.htm steht es das Harpoon im Barcelona, Spanien gebaut wert, und das CentreCycleWorks nur das Importierter für den USA ist (nicht der Hersteller).

Also, muss du der Hersteller im Barcelona (Spanien) aussuchen um zu sehen wenn ein TüV Zulassungsbrief schon existiert (oder EU Zulassungsbrief). Mein Spanisch ist nicht gut genug um der Hersteller zu finden durch Google, USW. aber ich hab ein Email an CentreCycleWorks geschickt um das Information über der Hersteller zu bekommen. Hoffentlich werden CCW mich beantworten -- wenn, dann wert ich das Datei weitergeben.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          +1

Comment

Harpoon ? German ?
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              Harpoon ? German ?
              He bought a "Harpoon" brand muffler and is having problems getting it accepted by the German vehicle inspection (any modifications to the active systems, like tires/suspension/engine/exhaust have to have an engineer's statement saying that they won't endanger the rider or the public in any way, are engineered to comply with whatever statutes are in existence at time of manufacture and are designed to work with that particular type of bike). He can't find the original manufacturer to get the blanket statement from them and thought it was an American outfit, since the only trace of it he could find on the web was from an American company -- but the American firm was just an importer for a Spanish manufacturer (based in Barcelona) according to what I found on the US importer's web-page. So now he needs to try to track down the Spanish manufacturer... Given the decibel levels of the Harpoons, I suspect he may not be able to find an engineering brief saying it's compatible with the sound-level laws (even if it meets the rest of the criteria).

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Geez CP, you could try actually helping someone !

nice going!

tim

Comment

Originally posted by trinc
                  Geez CP, you could try actually helping someone !

nice going!

tim

I did send an email to the US importer asking for the manufacturer's contact info, but haven't heard back from them... If my spanish were better, I might be able to find the manufacturer, but I know only enough to get a bed, a beer and a girl who's not a cross-dresser (unlike Lou, who speaks fluently and can get a pre-op tranny if he wants).

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Yea... What he said

Comment

Weitere Information:

Originally posted by Centre Cycle Works
                      Hello Marc,

We regret to inform you that we can't be much help to you. First of all
                      Harpoon is no longer in production. But the company was restructured and opened again as Krieger Competition. www.krieger-competition.com We never imported any TUV or EU spec. type of canisters, only race versions. And because of that we do not have any data to identify a EU canister number to any specific bike. If you email Krieger, they eventually will answer you as they can communicate fairly well in English by email. My guess is their Krieger exhaust homologation specifications for EU regulations is the same as Harpoon at least for pre catalist exhaust bikes.
                      Also make sure to ask how to contact any prior Harpoon distributor or dealer in Germany, there was a few of them, we don't know who they are. But we know from Krieger that their new name is a compliment to all the Harpoon sales in Germany. The German translation means "warrior".

Good luck, I hope he keeps the exhaust, we wish Harpoon was still in
                      production.
                      Centre Cycle Works
                      Also, heißt es das der Harpoon Hersteller jetzt Krieger heist, und bei www.krieger-competition.com erreichbar ist.

Cheers
                      =-= Marc Glasgow
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. I hope Krieger can give me some informations. So long.

Greets Andreas

Now driving with the old whisper pots...but one day
                        Thank you all!

Comment

Working...
                        X