X

Gas Leak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Leak

I have a 1992 750 with a gas leak. It seems to be coming from some where higher than the carbs but I cant see it. Only happens when the engine is running, but is enough to smell very strong and I can see it dripping. Any Idea where to look. It started after I hauled it for a 4 hour trailer ride in the rain. Thanks for your help. Would like to save a trip to the dealer if possble.
    Current: 1992 Katana 750
    Sold: 2001 Shadow 750

check your hoses. the last time i pulled off my gas tank was enough to split one of the hoses where it attaches to the petcock.

Long Live the D

Comment

Take a paper towel and start wiping -- keep checking the paper towel. When you get to the spot with the leak, it'll show.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Found the leak

It was on the tuble that goes from the right side of the petcock to the carb. Looks like I would have to remove the tank to get to it. Looked in there but cold not see where it attached to the carb even with the tank lifted up. Over my head (mechanically speaking) Well I guess it's off to the repair shop.
        Current: 1992 Katana 750
        Sold: 2001 Shadow 750

Comment

Dude , that sucks . Replacing fuel line ain't that tough . And the shop will probably charge you $60 for something they can do in about 20 minutes .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

It wouldn't hurt to replace all the holes with the bike being 16years old.

Comment

Working...
            X