X

Possible Clutch Problem...PLEASE HELP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Clutch Problem...PLEASE HELP

I own a 2000 katana and purchased it used recently with about 15000 miles on it. i was riding the bike for about 1/2 hour and when taking off from a traffic light on a main road, i noticed i had alot of play or loosness in my clutch lever, so i got over to the side of the road and as i was coming to a stop, i tryed to pull into a parking lot but when i twist the throttle, the bike would rev up but not move...also when the bike is on and running, i can shift through the gears without pulling in the clutch but it won't go anywhere, somehow there is enough pressure to pull the clutch to start the bike, but not to engage into a gear. if anyone out there has any ideas or suggestions or has run into this before, please give me any information possible...THANKYOU ! you can email me at [email protected]

Possibly one of the springs/bolts holding the clutch basket together snapped.
    America national sport is called baseballs. It very similar to our sport, shurik, where we take dogs, shoot them in a field, and then have a party.

Comment

sound like i ? for cyberpoet.

Comment

Or just someone who knows clutches .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Problem solved...whoever the dumbass was that owned the bike before me, had the clutch apart at some point and never tightened the nut that holds the clutch plates together...so when i popped off the clutch plate casing, along with 3 quarts of oil was a few washers and the nut...anyways, its running now and i have no complaints, thanks for your guys suggestions!

Comment

EDITED: too late.

Glad you found it.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Ain't that a bitch ! I HATE it when people can't shell out $20 for a torque wrench , ESPECIALLY on such an important part .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
              X