No announcement yet.
X

Ivan's 98+ Katana 600 jet kit review!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivan's 98+ Katana 600 jet kit review!!!

Hey guys...I just picked up my bike today...and guys (and gals)??? This thing runs Awesome!!!! Its a totally different bike from when I dropped it off to him. I test drove it while I was down there because they have no snow and I seemed to have recieved a foot of the white stuff while I was picking the bike up (13 hours round trip). As soon as he started it up I could tell it was different...It always started hard and when he started it, it fired right up...After a brief warm up period (remember the temp is like 20 degrees there)...I took it out for a spin...Man...all you have to do is breath on the throttle now and you're movin...no lag or bog at all..and like he said there is virtually no enigne vibration at all felt at cruise...no more pops on decel...This thing is a new machine and I Can't wait for Spring!!! If you really Loved your Kat you would Buy her an Ivan's Kit...Its money well spent!!!!

Mark

EXCELLENT

Glad it worked out!

Comment

Man, that sounds sweet. Ivan, have a jet kit for a 88-92 Gsxr 1100?
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

My kit is on the way, and I'm looking forward to installing it. Hopefully your winter gas won't have thrown off any of the dynamics of the tuning for us "summer gas all year long" folks...

Of course, it's just an excuse to write it all up for the book

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I knew it when I talked to Ivan I the phone. I could tell that man know's what he is doing, that is for sure. I will donate my pre98 750 for setup. I will drop it off about a month before the rally.
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
            I knew it when I talked to Ivan I the phone. I could tell that man know's what he is doing, that is for sure. I will donate my pre98 750 for setup. I will drop it off about a month before the rally.
            That's a long way to haul a bike... More power to ya! Hope you get there before someone closer does

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Re: Ivan's 98+ Katana 600 jet kit review!!!

Originally posted by TurboRangerSVO
              Hey guys...I just picked up my bike today...and guys (and gals)??? This thing runs Awesome!!!! Its a totally different bike from when I dropped it off to him. I test drove it while I was down there because they have no snow and I seemed to have recieved a foot of the white stuff while I was picking the bike up (13 hours round trip). As soon as he started it up I could tell it was different...It always started hard and when he started it, it fired right up...After a brief warm up period (remember the temp is like 20 degrees there)...I took it out for a spin...Man...all you have to do is breath on the throttle now and you're movin...no lag or bog at all..and like he said there is virtually no enigne vibration at all felt at cruise...no more pops on decel...This thing is a new machine and I Can't wait for Spring!!! If you really Loved your Kat you would Buy her an Ivan's Kit...Its money well spent!!!!

Mark
              not to rain on the parade - but i want to see dyno result b4 & after then compare to a factory & dyno jet kits. it may not be an issue if drivabillity is all your after - but if your after more HP i wonder about the air flow issue ( must use stock air filter )

tim

Comment

Re: Ivan's 98+ Katana 600 jet kit review!!!

Originally posted by trinc
                not to rain on the parade - but i want to see dyno result b4 & after then compare to a factory & dyno jet kits. it may not be an issue if drivabillity is all your after - but if your after more HP i wonder about the air flow issue ( must use stock air filter )

tim
                You must have missed the post Ivan had with my Dyno numbers with the bike totally stock and then again with the Two Brothers slip-on and timing advancer and using the stock Air Filter....Here's the link to that Post

I don't have any dyno numbers with a Factory or a Dyno Jet kit though...hopefully this helps a little

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  Originally posted by THAZKAT
                  That's a long way to haul a bike... More power to ya! Hope you get there before someone closer does

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  I will be in Ohio by then and it is more like a long time away.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

I tested it with a K+N.... no extra power... ZIP, NADA Nothing

Why spend money on something that you don't need ??

Ivan
                    www.ivansperformanceproducts.com
                    Suzuki Katana Jet Kits

Comment

Ivan, we spoke about this, more power with stock airbox and stock filter from Ivans kit than a K+N filter of any kind. I put my stock airbox back on my bike and filter and noticed that I gained some power compared to the K+N pods.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      Who knows what is next?

Comment

Working...
                      X