X

engine overhaul

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine overhaul

ok the top end is off right now and i want to take out the valves but need a valve spring compressor tried compressing valve springs with a header bolt but got nowhere with that any tips looks like the keepers will be going nowhere

Call Auto Zone or someplace simlar and see if they have one you can borrow . I did , and it cost nothin' . It's ALOT easier with a spring compressor .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i think a valve job is one of those times that where it is a necessity to have the right tools. alot is riding on it. yeah sure you can use a modified c clamp or something insane, but just because it works, doesn't mean it should be done that way.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

try head light lube no i would just get the right tools for the job
        with every gain there must be a lost

Comment

Unless you are experienced at valve job I recommend you spend the $100.00 to have a machine shop do it. For $100 in labor I had all 16 valves replaced along with the guides, springs, keepers and a 3 angle grind job done. Not to mention making sure the deck was true.

Granted I spent $200 in parts by buying all the stuff myself but it was still worth it. I dropped it off on a Monday and had it back on Friday.

Comment

Working...
          X