X

Bike broke down on me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike broke down on me

I was out a a Monday cruise eailer and it started bogging down and losing lots of power. So I pulled over and kinda gave it a look over. All the plug wires were on plenty of fuel in the fuel filter. No strange smells or anything. Then it ran fine so I went on my way down the road and then it started again. But now it wouldnt even idle unless I had the choke yanked back and jockey thottled it. I haven't checked the plugs yet. Does anyone have a idea on what it good be?

there are a number of things this could be, but look for air flow problems first, that could easily cause this...

make sure nothing is obstructing the intake to the airbox... but also make sure each plug is getting spark like you mentioned... time to start crossing things off so you can narrow down the problem...

Comment

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem. Check the fuel hoses to see if they're pinched or kinked, check the fuel filter for blockage (although, that wouldn't be sudden, that would be graduate). Check that the petcock is set exactly to ON, because if it's off by a little bit (just slightly turned) it will not flow as well.
      America national sport is called baseballs. It very similar to our sport, shurik, where we take dogs, shoot them in a field, and then have a party.

Comment

My tank had some old gas in it so I just topped it off with super instead of draining it like I should have. Well after taking fuel samples from each bowl and tank I found that the gas was brownish and had some kinda oil that floated around in the bottom. And the fuel line was a bit gummie so Im sure that doesn't help. So new fuel lines, filter, tank flush, and new petcock filter tomorow. Will the suzuki shop have a float and bowl in stock? because I just broke one.

Comment

Dount they'd have one in-stock . I'm wondering if maybe your tank vent deal is obstructed . That'll usually cause you to die like that .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by mad max
            My tank had some old gas in it so I just topped it off with super instead of draining it like I should have... gas was brownish and had some kinda oil that floated around in the bottom...
            Bingo.

Drain all the gas, clean out the carbs thoroughly, pull the petcock (and check the inside of the hole with a bent finger for rust, deal with before reassembly), then fresh fuel and some techron fuel system cleaner.

Good Luck!
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

same F'n thing happened to me after i bought mine...stupid plugs....

Comment

Working...
              X