Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Question for CA Kat owners on stupid carb cooling fan thing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for CA Kat owners on stupid carb cooling fan thing?

I think I've seen it on other posts but can't find it now. I was wondering how to take off that stupid CA model carb fan thing that comes on every time the bike is turned off? Is there anything else on these CA models that can be eliminated? Thanks

Re: Question for CA Kat owners on stupid carb cooling fan th

pull off the bottom fairing, the front center plastic, and then the left side fairing. you will see where the fan is plugged in, simply unplug it and put the plastics back on. if you really want, you can take a large phillips screwdriver and remove it, but it is not necessary.

i'm all for being environmentally conscious, but that fan will mess up your battery and at least on mine it would run for about 45 min or so...

you can remove the emissions control system (PAIR valve) but i wouldn't even touch it unless you have a _lot_ of time on your hands. you would also need to make or get the plates and seal the engine back up after you remove everything. its not that anything is that difficult, but unless you are intimately familiar with your bike and how to tune carbs, you may run into problems. there is no detectable performance increase and you will get slightly worse gas mileage. i say this because i am currently trying to tune california carbs to a non california engine... a major PIA....

Comment

I'll giver her a try!!

Thanks for the reply. I'm getting more and more familiar with my bike so hopefully this will be a pretty easy job. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X