X

Firing order?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Special K
    Now, I'm going off memory here (too lazy to go out to the garage and grab the book, or look at a bike! ), but I'm pretty sure that for each set of wires going to the coils from the wiring harness, the WHITE wires are your negatives or ground wires. The O/W and B/Y are your positive wires.
    I just looked it up, and the O/W is positive (on both) and the White and B/Y are the grounds.

/kiba
    find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

well, its been a while since ive posted anything (i usually dont need to i can usually find an answer for most things already). im in trouble though. yep.
      a week ago, while i was riding, a sudden change occurred. It sounded like a pistion (maybe 2) quit firing. LOL, i sounded like a lawnmower. quite literally. I figured it was a sparkplug so i changed all the sparkplugs. started it up, and it was the same thing.
      so my next thought was the coil. luckily i had a parts bike, so i grabbed the coils off it and placed them in my bike.
      only now, it wont fire at all! eeeeeeeeek. (im not too experienced here)

troubleshooting time. (this is when i checked the forum hehe)
      i did have the positive/negative wires hooked up wrong (as i read on this thread), i fixed it and still nothing.

So i took out each spark plug boot individually, popped a spark plug in it and cranked her up to see if i got a spark. (as long as the spark plug was resting agaist metal that is., i.e. if it was floating in mid air, it didnt spark, if a rested the screw part against the frame it sparked. i dont know if its supposed to do that or not).

ok but anyway, i checked to make sure i have the boots in the right places, and i do, the left coil going to the outisde pistons, and the right going to the inside pistions at least i beleive thats right, since each coil sparks both wires simultaneously, that makes sense according to the firing order, plus thats how it was when i pulled off the old ones .

ok but the point is. im stumped, what have i done wrong? heh, this is my only transportation so im going insane. so i need some help.

have i done something wrong? ive cranked my motorcycle over so many times now the battery is draining. ill have to do more tommorow morning but i need it running by tommorow afternoon .
      ~chris

Comment

HAH! yes. well my bike works perfectly now. I think it was just flooded. thats why it wouldnt start up. I came out the next morning, and she turned over on the first crank and purred at me.... I love it when she purrs...
        ~chris

Comment

Working...
        X