Carbs are worse now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good work...you owe Meikol a beer!

Comment

You read my mind Range.. I owe Faffi and Cyber and a few others too.
      Meikol where's agood pub between here and Houston?? (you will have to drink Cyber's, Faffi's etc etc...)

Comment

Don't forget: When you adjust the valves you have to re-synch those carbs again!
        I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
        Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
        Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

LOL
          I know!! But no way shoud I have as many issues second time around!!

Thanks for all your help K

Thanks to everyone. This site is invaluable

Comment

I am just happy to give some of what I learned from these great folks back.

As for a pub, the last time I did the MS150, my buddies and I hit every one from here to La Grange. We finished day one just ahead of a roller blader. We used him as our guide. Everytime the roller blader went by the bar, we finished our beers and got back on our bicycles. At least until the next bar. We even met some bikers that had a house on the route a ways up. They told us to stop by and have a beer on our way. When we got there, they had gone out and brought back a case of the beer we were drinking and had it on ice! Those guys were cool, good ol' boys.

sorry for the diversion...
            AMA member # 224227

Comment

Originally posted by Special K
              Don't forget: When you adjust the valves you have to re-synch those carbs again!
              ROFLMAO
              When you are in there to adjust the valves, check the chain tentioners for ware. That could actually be the problem with the clatter. How many miles on this bike of yours?
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

You know Thaz, that is not something I checked when I did my adjustment. I do have a little clatter still. I will have to check it out, thanks.

keeping track of who gets the beer is getting harder all the time...
                AMA member # 224227

Comment

I don't drink beer so you can have mine. Beer is fatning lol
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                    I don't drink beer so you can have mine. Beer is fatning lol
                    Dude, you definetly have a one track mind...but Michelob Ultra? better than a soda!
                    AMA member # 224227

Comment

Better to be on one track than many I always say!! lol
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      Who knows what is next?

Comment

Guinness, me men Guinness..
                        It does a body good!

Indeed I'll check the chain, thanks for the heads up. I'm showing 20K miles. I'm betting service was a bit lacking.

Comment

Black_peter, so what ended up being the issue while syncing the 1/2 and 3/4 carbs? Mine is doing the exact same thing, the idle raises really high when I try to sync the two together. I had one carb that was REALLY out of sync, but when I synced them up, the idle just goes out of hand...

Comment

I had a clogged fuel /air jet.
                            I was able to remove the jet I suspected and blast
                            it with carb cleaner. All has been well since.
                            Removing the carbs is pretty easy and blasting the
                            F/A jet and some of the other passages even if you don't disassemble the carbs is woth the effort.

Comment

Working...
                            X