No announcement yet.
X

Best exhaust for a Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, this past winter I had Santa bring me a full sst Hindle exhaust with an 18 in. stealth oval can. I have a DJ jet kit with #15 pilot jet, K&N filter, 5 deg advance , Factory Pro spring detent kit in upgrades on the motor. The difference is incredible to say the least. The main reason for the changes were to improve drivability along with an improvement in performance and sound. Very much worth the expense.Oh by the way this was done on my 2001 750

Comment

Look here too:
      I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
      Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
      Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I'm using an old D&D canister. I love it. It is so freakin loud I have had two neighboors threaten to call the police.
        '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

D&D For me, just a slip on though.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

i had a Yosh on my Kat 750 2000 and loved it ...

Comment

Dear Range, forgt to mention the other cool Canadian who has a Hindle.
              I have a Hindle Titanium that sounds awsome, I have a round one, which actually sounds a bit better than Nicks oval Titanium.
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Anyone know a good slip on for the pre98 600's?
                Currently I can only find the Cobra F1's and from what I hear they are worthless.

I can only find full exhausts other than those slip ons...

If it wasnt for mounting points, and diameter of the pipe going into the can...what makes a model specific exhaust?

Other words, Can a 98 ^ can fit a pre98...

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  Oh, another note:

Aftermarket end cans need to be repacked every couple years with new fiber material (think glass matting). Over time, it breaks down and gets blown out (or sinks down) and the sound dampening gets reduced.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  You say that like its a bad thing? :P Go on, get a D&D, your friends will LOVE riding behind you. I love mine. Had one on my Kat and now have one on my Gixxer. Really catches cars' attention at intersections...and my neighbors know better than to call the police.
                  I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

two brothers racing high mount slip-on !

about jet kits, headers & slip-ons

with a slip-on you can get a high flow K&N filter & re-jet.
                    a header will help in the upper rpm range - but it's a lot of bank for
                    not much gain.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by 977blue
                      Aftermarket end cans need to be repacked every couple year...[/b]
                      You say that like its a bad thing? :P
                      My other half won't let me repack her ninja 500 D&D and I hate riding behind her as a result... an hour behind her bike and I'm tone deaf, old-fashioned deaf, and can't even hear myself speak.

Skills, not loud pipes, save lives...

=-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I agree skills ,not loud pipes, but loud pipes don't hurt when someone starts to pinchin' on your lane. I've seen drivers turn their heads so fast they give themselves whiplash when I give them a little heads-up throttle. I'll back off and give them the lane, I'm not stupid, but I want them to know what they almost did.
                        '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

=-= The CyberPoet
                          Then I guess I'm in pretty good shape.
                          I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

Originally posted by 977blue
                            Aftermarket end cans need to be repacked every couple year...[/b]
                            You say that like its a bad thing? :P
                            My other half won't let me repack her ninja 500 D&D and I hate riding behind her as a result... an hour behind her bike and I'm tone deaf, old-fashioned deaf, and can't even hear myself speak.

=-= The CyberPoet
                            might wanna try and stay out front then, for your ears sake

FYI, is it possible to,and I dont know it would look on a kat, but devil exhaust is supposed to be hottest thing out these days...ive seen cbr's, gixxers, etc..with the Shotgun exhaust, but dont know if it would even fit on a kat or not.

www.devilbikes.com ..they exhaust for Kats, but its not currently on the site.

Shotgun

Single

Comment

For the sound, price and performance, I still think the V&H SS2R si the right exhaust. I have seen a lot of chrome systems that I thought were more visually appealing, but not when price was factored in. Santa has never liked me very much
                              If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Sorry to drop in like this but I was wondering what year bandit or gsxr headers would fit an 06 Kat. I'm looking to upgrade the exhaust for better power I also have a 9" delkevice slip on that sounds great and projet stage 1on. Does or has anybody tried those options yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X