X

Really weird problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really weird problem

Since getting the bandit running, have been starting it every day for almost a week. Let it idle about 5 mins, blip the throttle a few times. Do this just to keep it charged and running. Up until today no problems whatsoever.

GO to start today, starts sputtering, wont idle at all, will build up to 2k rpms then slowly die off. When it runs if ya hit the throttle starts popping and loads up on itself and dies.

Checked the plugs not fouled, checked fuel connections and no problems. Plenty of gas. Battery was a little down on charge and put it on charger.

All of the suddenly it started running fine. So i figured I had better go to the smaller opening insert on the k&n filter. Now it runs smooth, but instead of hitting 14-15k when ya hit the throttle, runs up to around 10-11k. Idles fine, but every so often a slight pop through exhaust.

The only thing I did was put a new female-male connection on the gast tank sender today.

Although seems to be running fine now, this baffled me completely. Any thoughts.
    One project done, now on to the next few!!
    Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

Q: What's redline on that engine?
    Curious...

On the other issue, how hold is your fuel?

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cyber his fuel is fresh. He put on a brand new tank. How I know this I go to his house alot and look at what he has done. Now I can go up there this weekend and it will be all tore apart again.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Fuel is not even a week old. Started this morning and ran fine.

In a;; probabilities, may have been build up in the carbs working loose. I had not ran motor since I received it first week fo February. And it may have sat in a salvage warehouse for a year or more for being put up for sale. Checked the adjustment on valves when I got it, but didnt delve into the carbs. If problem comes back gonna rebuild them.
        Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

Comment

Solved the problem. Seems the choke cable was closing to far. If pushed all the way to run position, was stopping the idle. Adjusted it and solved the problem.

Comment

How can the choke close "too far" ? If it's all the way closed and still not idleing ,I'd say that's a problem other than the choke . Maybe I'm just missing something ....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X