X

First gear stall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First gear stall

So i finally got my first bike after a long oddessey of hassles. Its an 01 Katana 600.

It worked fine last night. Today i go to hop on, every time i kick it down into first gear, the bike attempts to lurch forward and stalls. Am i right to think that somehow the clutch cable came loose or is misadjusted?

The only thing that changed from last night to today is the fact that it rained a bit.

?????

with the bike off put it in first gear hold the clutch in and c if you can roll the bike 2 ft. if u cantyour right something to do with the clutch cable or clutch its self try to adjust the cable on the handle bars if that doesnt make it any better your gunna have to pull some plastic and check the other end of the cable

Comment

With the bike off and in first gear it doesn't roll. If i pull the clutch in, it rolls fine. Guessing its not the cable then. Could something have gotten wet before i threw the cover on?

Comment

Stupid Newbie Mistake #1- The kickstand wasn't all the way up.

Close the thread please =P

Comment

??

if your idle is to high and your cable a lil misadjusted u could have a problem like u discribed check to c if your idle is under 1500 rpm when your putting it in gear,also turn your adjuster at the clutch lever out and c if any of this helps

Comment

hehe

that was my next question i should of asked that first but dont worry i`ve done it to

Comment

Working...
            X