X

PLEASE help get my bike on the road.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE help get my bike on the road.

1994 suzuki katana 750 ok this is my first bike..It had a gas leak and I fixed that. I have never riden the bike yet. But when i first got it you could hit the gas and it was fine and stuff. Now we have a small amount of fuel in the tank. We also have the whole air box off. We changed out the spark plugs. We found that the 3 and 4 plugs were wet. But here is our problem. Now when we hit the gas it will go up to around 5 rpm or so and then slowly dropp as though it is not gettin fuel. Or it sometimes goes above 5 and then you let it go and hit it again and it will sputter abit and go back up. Now i looked in my book. It says to check the plugs and it also says about the air box not being sealed may both cause problems running at high rpms so if i dont have the air box on at all that could be a problem. But iam not sure why those plugs were wet either they look in half decent shape but i replaced them all anyway. Now another problem I have we pulled the tank off and forgot where all the tubes went. We have one tube from the carb which is a vaccum line runnin to the back of the petcock. then 2 more from the carb carrying fuel running to the petcock. We do not have anymore tubes but there are still two places that look like they should have tubes comin off the tanks. What are those for.?? does it matter which line from the petcock carrying gas runs to which side of the carbs.? coudl that be causin are RPM problem>?? Any other idea's Does the amount of gas in the tank matter.?? Does the air box not being on matter?? or should we look at the plugs.??

oh i forgot to add. we took off the petcock and we blew threw it and air goes threw both sides that should carry fuel. But we cant' figure out which way to have it turned . NO matter what it seems fuel only comes out one side. Coudl that be aproblem

Comment

Yeah , if it's not spitting fuel out both sides , that'd do it . When I left my drain screws open , I had something similar happen . Not getting enough gas .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

maybe your getting too much gas? have you checked the plugs since you changed them? if they're fouled again, try to adjust your carbs. you can also try rebuilding the petcock (which is just a new seal), not expensive. it'll ensure your getting a vaccum there...

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
        "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

what about having that air box off will that do anything.... Also with the gas only coming out onside my grandfather said he now has it comin out both sides i believe

Comment

ht

there should be one more hose on the btm of the gas tank for overflow when you fill the tank but it wont make the bike run any different i would put the air box back on and make sure the tank has plenty of gas in it or try switching it to reserve let the bike warm up just idleing then try giveing it gas(twisting the throttle)and c what it does. sounds to me like u mite just have some bad gas in it and u need to let it run for a lil while to get that old gas out

Comment

yeah well i mean when it hit the gas it goes.. but when you hit the gas and hold the throttle in one position it slowly winds down.. or if you hit it and start bringing it down and hit it again it will die and then go

Comment

gas or plugs one of them not doing there job. did u gap the plugs or just trust the factory and put them in as is?? no crossed spark plug wires 1to1, 2to2 etc.???

Comment

Working...
                X