X

tach question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tach question

I just bought a 91 600, and the tach is doin' some wierd stuff. with the bike off it reads at 1k. and when the bike is running, it seems to be ok until I get to 4k and it gets stuck there. any insight as to whats going on here? anyone had a similar experience?
    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

First things first, Welcome to KR

now about your question, it stays at 1000/rpm when the bikes not running(keys out the ignition)? try checking your choke cable and make sure its pushed all the way up. not really sure if that will have anything to do with this, but its worth a try or maybe going to ebay and getting a replacement tach. thats all i could think of but another member with more knowledge should chime in soon and will be glad to help you. for now, try doing a search on tachs and see if you can find answers there.
    PAUL
    93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

thanks for the welcome. Yeah, the tach looks like it is stuck at 1k rpms when the bike is off/key out. I have been looking for them on ebay but all were selling the entire cluster. I only need the tach. anyone got one kicking around in their garage? let me know what ya think.

Comment

I think the guage is $%@#'d. Honestly. Since you have nothing to lose, I'd say disassemble it completely down to the circuit board and look for burnt resistors (smell), corroded circuits (eyeballs), fouled or broken pins on the backside connector. If you're lucky, you'll find a bad solder joint that you can resolder... Aside from that, drop a PM to BraadaJim and ask him if he has a replacement tach in his stash of stuff.

Good Luck!
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

cool. I will do that. thanks a bunch.

Comment

Working...
          X