No announcement yet.
X

crab syncronizing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never get tired of that bike....and what does all this have to do with the guy wanting to syncronize his CRABS(what was her name, I'll stay away from her)

Comment

TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by Range
        ....and what does all this have to do with the guy wanting to syncronize his CRABS(what was her name, I'll stay away from her)
        I thought it had something to do with a new Olympic sport... but I wasn't sure.

Comment

Re: crab syncronizing

Originally posted by arsenic13
          I've always used a manometer (Morgan carbtune II) to sync carbs. I saw a set of gauges on jcwhitney and was thinking of picking them up. Does anyone have any thoughts. Which is better, or easier to use, manometer or gauges?
          i bought a set that came from JCW ( i bought from e-bay )

after multiple tests on accuracy i concluded that one guage was not consistant. but the other three work really well, and since you only need two it didn't bother me.

tim

Comment

I thought it had something to do with a new Olympic sport... but I wasn't sure.
            Silly arses
            Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

You got my attention, thats for sure!
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

The origonal Kat design came back in Japan.
                As a 400 for sure maybe bigger too.

CyberPeot
                I found a damaged murcury manometer at work once, it was huge and had about 8 oz of murcury in it. Not truly a lifetime supply, but the Motion Pro I have only uses a few oz. I plan to pull the murcury out before long term sorage this time.

Comment

Just a quick question,
                  How do you safely dispose of mercury?

Comment

you dont!!
                    I take exceeding care with my supply.
                    After moving three times I "lost" most of the murcury from my MotionPro. Stupid of me.
                    I will say this; most areas have a HazMat collection day. Used oil, paint, solvent, spent fuel rods...
                    They will collect them and store/dispose of them for you. As an incentive to prevent you from running it down the sink. Thought spent fuel rods my get stuck in the u bend..
                    Nice Joe-Bar graphic BTW

Comment

Originally posted by damic
                      Just a quick question,
                      Like Black Peter said, you don't!! Have fun trying to find someone that will take it.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by damic
                        Just a quick question,
                        Depends on the kind. There are over 50 different compounds use on the market, many of which are not dangerous to humans/animals (won't soak through your skin, etc). Most university chemistry departments will be happy to take it off your hands, as will many battery recycling places (many batteries contain mercury and it is one of the primary reasons some types of batteries are recycled).

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I use a Morgan that I got from my brother-in-law for a use it as long as you need it loaner. It even came with a motion -pro aux. fuel tank.
                          AMA member # 224227

Comment

I made a Y using clear tubing then used my bungie net to secure the tank to the "sub-frame".
                            It worked great and I could see the gas flow.

Comment

I just found a description to build a cheap but precise carb synchronizer:

What do you think? I might try building one like that, being a poor student and all... I'd love to have a Morgan CarbTune II, but they don't come for free.
                              - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Mine did...

There are a few out there like that, and the principal is the same. Do not use water as it could easily be sucked into the carbs. They will work and are only a bit more cumbersome than some of the more pricey commercial ones.
                                AMA member # 224227

Comment

Working...
                                X