X

Jetting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetting?

When I bought my 98 Kat 750 it came with a Yoshi slip on pipe. Now i am unsure if it is jetted after the pipe was put on. What would happen if it is not jetted, and if it is jetted how can i tell.

well first off, the only way to tell is to open the carbs and see what kind of needles and main jets are in the bike. If it has anything other than the stock configuration, then it is obviously jetted. Are you having rich/lean issues? With just a slip on you should not have to rejet the bike. Should not is big, meaning you might and might not have to, but it is specific to each setup. Usually maybe some deceleration popping might happen, and richening up the mixture screws seem to solve that problem.

if the bike wasn't jetted, you would have all sorts of trouble, fouling or burning up plugs, flat spots or soggy spots across the rpm range, if to small of main jets, the bike simply won't pull at speeds due to lack of fuel.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

You can also try to get a little mirror under the carbs and see if you can see the pilot screws . Quicker than taking things aparts .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
      X