X

Why is battery dead?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is battery dead?

I have a 99 kat 750, It seems that every two days or more that I dont ride my battery is dead. The battery is brand new and charged and I have tried another new battery also. I have checked key position to see if the alien eye was still on but it is not. No lights are staying on when everything is shut off. Does nyone have an idea what the problem could be? Thank you everyone for your time and help with this.

If I had to wager a guess it would be that you've got a wire grounding out somewhere, slowly robbing you of your juice.
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Did you charge up the batteries when you first got them before putting them into use?

This may help you diagnose your situation:
      CyberPoet's "Motorcycle Battery and Charging System Tests & Diagnostics, Repairs"

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah, matbe you have yet to fully charge the battery..
        Try this (after going through Cybers list)
        disconnect the battery (negative lead is best)
        then next time you ride reconnect it.
        If it's still dead you have a bad battery..

Why the negative lead?
        It is always best to disconnect the neg. lead first.
        It the tool you are using hit the frame then
        you won't spark..

Comment

so far I have replace battery with a brand new one. I charged the battery fully and put back in bike. It fired up immediately, no flickering of the lights maybe a misfire but unsure. So I decided to try something; I disconnected the negative battery cable and watched for a response from the back and what I saw was flickering from the headlights and others and also a misfire from the motor. I still plan on running the tests that cyberpoet sent me. thank you; Does anyone have any ideas of what caused this to happen?

Comment

Working...
          X