X

I found this on sportbikeriders.com

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THAZKAT
    I will do it for you Cyber. Just get the bike and I will do it.
    Right on you, mate! Are you also going to move to Florida, or do I have do another 44-1/2 hour road trip to Phoenix every time I want the valves adjusted?

Laughing
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I actually will be in Ohio and if you ride the way you say you do, you can be there in hours not days.

laughing hard!!

I could imagine doing that 44 1/2 hour ride. Do you ride in the Iron Butt compatition also. LOL
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
        I actually will be in Ohio and if you ride the way you say you do, you can be there in hours not days.

laughing hard!!

I could imagine doing that 44 1/2 hour ride. Do you ride in the Iron Butt compatition also. LOL
        That was 20 years ago. These days I cap it off at 12 hours max per day normally... After 1,000 miles, I'm ready for R&R or at least a hot shower and a couch to veg on...

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The 94-97 VFR750 is styled like the NR750. Closest you can get for $3500 of so...
          '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Actually, the VTEC valves aren't adjustable. Not even with shims. You just have to check the clearances. However, if they're out, you have to replace the valve lifter @ $30 a piece. Hey, at least there's no shims to measure for half the valves.

Still the VTECs are a pain to work on, but honestly, everything on the VFR is. They're AWESOME bikes still and a competent home mechanic CAN do the service themself.
            -Steve

Comment

I'd recommend a pre-VTEC model myself. It's not as it the 94-97 ever lacked a good powerband!
              '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Thazkat, check your pm's, thanks.
                Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

he would if he was here
                  The Katana's Big Brother
                  1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Comment

Originally posted by katana91
                    he would if he was here
                    Explain
                    Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Working...
                    X