X

center stand install how to

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• center stand install how to

just got my centerstand in from thazkat (thanks again thom) how does the L shaped bracket go in?? thanks for the help.

You take the entire center stand and THROW it has far as you can. Then you go buy a rear stand from www.pit-bull.com

Really can not help you with out putting a pic up.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

i just put it in on a wild guess but the spring just got a little stretched so for now i am giving up plus its late so i will try to post a pic tomorrow since its late.

Comment

If you had bought one from me, it woudl come WITH instructions, photos, and a 1-800 help line. (Well, at least you can get ahold of someone here that knows how!)

8)

How's this:

Banana clip............and springs.........LONG SIDE DOWN.

2 ways:
        A. Put all together, hook clips and springs all up, then L bolt then R bolt

-----OR-----
        B. Put all on except clip top/front, and with stand in UP position move hole in clip 1/2" onto pin on frame.

Like THIS:
        Attached Files
        I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
        Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
        Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

lol, thazkat helped me out with it. but after posting i sat and stared at it and used my physics class teachings. it all came togther..until i put the wrong spring in the wrong place and gave it a little stretch that stayed. other than that i got it. thanks for the help and confirmation. thanks again for the chain adjusters got them yesterday put em on today they look and work great.

-Chris

Comment

Chris, Physics don't work here. laughing out loud!
            I hope it all works now. Which spring did you stretch? I might talk Keith into getting me one for you. lots of luck dude.
            All and when I am up that way we will go riding sometime, sound cool?
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

man, that pic was helpful as HELL!!! printed off a copy, got all my tools together, get the bike supoorted, and STOP!!! My GDMF left exhaust is in the way ..............GEEEEEEEEEZ talk about busting a girls bubble. As badly as i want the stand on my bike, not sure it it's worth dropping the exahust.
              This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
              BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Does anybody know the torque settings for the centerstand bolts?

Comment

I don't think there are torque specs, I think it's one of those things that you just tighten it pretty well, they don't seem to be easily stripped, I tightened mine using a pretty good amount of force, probably about 25-30 ft/lbs?
                  Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                  18v Rigid Drill
                  Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                  New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Thanks! I'll try it...

Do you think I need to grease my bolts and the metal sleeves they insert into?

Comment

Originally posted by KatCanDo
                      Does anybody know the torque settings for the centerstand bolts?
                      I think its tight ft/lbs of torque.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Zombie posts.. back from the dead...
                        Are walking the earth!!!

I'll say this; It proves people are using the search!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FASHER
                          man, that pic was helpful as HELL!!! printed off a copy, got all my tools together, get the bike supoorted, and STOP!!! My GDMF left exhaust is in the way ..............GEEEEEEEEEZ talk about busting a girls bubble. As badly as i want the stand on my bike, not sure it it's worth dropping the exahust.
                          It's only 3-bolts to remove the exhaust / slip-on...

Comment

Stock exhaust?? Major PIA

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
                              You take the entire center stand and THROW it has far as you can. Then you go buy a rear stand from www.pit-bull.com

Really can not help you with out putting a pic up.
                              or buy a t-rex racing stand off ebay for less than half the price.

Comment

Working...
                              X