X

Jet Kits

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Kits

I have a stage 1 jet kit in my 01 Kat. And I want to take it back to stock to increase the gas mileage. Is that possible? Or is it more of a hastle that it is worth?
    Chris Powell

sometimes it may be a hassle getting the jets set right. My story is different than your but i just tried to put one in mine and it gave me so many problems that now i have it in the shop. Do you have a full exhaust sytem, slip-on or anything that would require/recommend that you have a jet kit? I'm just throwin this out there but i would probably leave it alone, hopefully some other guys help you out here.

Comment

in theory you should just be able to go back to stock settings no problem, but if you ahve problems, just take it to a dyno. or if you can try and do it your self. Worth a try and free, but dyno would be quick and fast.

wvurubberducky600......where did you take your bike to get serviced?

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by Cadmaster
        I have a stage 1 jet kit in my 01 Kat. And I want to take it back to stock to increase the gas mileage. Is that possible? Or is it more of a hastle that it is worth?
        Depending on the brand of kit and type of other mods you've done, you may not realize the fuel savings you are hoping for by going back to stock -- or often you may be able to accomplish the same simply by leaning out the idle circuit more.
        I know this works on Ivan's kit -- backing off 1/2 turn and lose a bit of midrange performance at the benefit of about 10 - 15% better mileage over-all (but be aware that if you turn out too far, you'll have issues starting as the idle circuit goes way too lean at idle). I ran that way for a few months at one point, and have debated returning to it for some of my longer road trips, just to get the air-fuel mix closer to stoichiometric instead of the rich 13.1:1 rate I'm running most of the time (should benefit me at the very top of the speed range, bumping my top-speed up a few mph as well).

Didn't work with the DynoJet kits when I tried it. I think the blunt needle shape and the initial settings make the DynoJet kits more sensitive to the turns, so going more than about an 1/8th turn tends to screw things up.

In general, I'm sure you'd have no issues finding someone to trade their factory set-up for your stage-1 kit for a late model (get them to pay shipping in both directions too). Or you may be able to find someone who will simply donate their stock stuff after they upgrade so you can downgrade.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X