X

Loose clutch handle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose clutch handle

I prob. should have looked into this a little more on my own but I am being lazy. The clutch handle on my '01 is pretty loose. It has some play in it (wiggles up and down a little too) and I think it should be tighter. Is there an easy way to tighten it? Daniel

there will be some play in it. there is an adjustment nut right by the handle. look in the manual for the proper cable play spec.

tim

Comment

Cable pull is too loose and doesn't engage where you want, or just the lever is too sloppy/loose? If it's the lever, there's a screw that clam-shells the two halves of the holder into place around the lever, but you don't want it so tight that it produces any significant drag on the lever itself. A small bit of up-down play is normal (say 1 to 4 mm). More than that may mean the bike has been down.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i seem to be having this same problem... acctuly my real question is... i have that same bogging problem a few others have mentioned... mostly when warmed up... and at first throught it was carbs or something... but im starting to think its the clutch sticking.. its only seems to happon comming out of first...

Comment

Working...
        X