No announcement yet.
X

fuel problems is what i have

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya....................MD's prety darn close. Amazing what years of shade tree fix-its will do to his brain..........he remembers stuff that most guys forget or don't know in the first place! 8)

Book says 14.6, but I'll be darn if I get ever get them that close! I go for something over 14.5 and under 15,,,,,,,,,,,best I can do with what I have to work with!

Parts? Did you say PARTS?

My man! I keep that stuff here in stock in multiples all the time!

I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
    Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
    Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Well I got that tank clean and coated, still didn't start so i tore the carbs all the way apart. On the third carb the bar that goes up and down to allow the flow through the jets was stuck so I got that fixed and then I got the bright idea to take all of the needles and seeats out, all was going well until carb #4. I was trying to get the rod out that holds the float and oops broke the float in half. So now I need a new float and I guess might as well by all new seats and needles. I think that I actually found the problem though. The little jets that are in the carbs, not the bowls, only one of them was spraying right. So am I correct in assuming that would be a needle and seat problem? But on the carb that I already replaced the needle and seet it wasn't spraying either. So now any guesses??? Thanks for all the help guys.

Don
      The greatest thing in life is getting your hair cut every two weeks and watching your neighbor fall off his roof.

Comment

Working...
      X