X

Spark plug and air filter change woes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark plug and air filter change woes

Last night I undertook the simple task of replacing my spark plugs and my air filter.... however, something is wrong.

I changed everything out and the cylinders 2 and 4 are now not firing.
    I pulled the plugs and checked for spark on both and they worked fine. Put it all back together and still the same. I then swapped 1 and 2, then 3 and 4 to see if what happened since the other cylinders were running fine. Now, the bike won't even start in this configuration.

I'm quite lost and ticked off. Any ideas as to what went/is wrong?

Are you sure you wired the cables from the distributors to the plugs correctly? The left distributor controls plugs 1 & 4, the right distributor handles 2 & 3.

Sounds like you got confused and used the left to power 1&2, the right to do 3&4.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Oh wow. No, worse than that man.

The hose that comes off the back of the petcock? Yeah, I had that on the wrong part of the carb, so there was a nice vaccum leak. I threw some fresh plugs in and changed that hose and I'm golden.

Still running rich, but, that's for tomorrow, to turn the air/fuel screws on the carbs back a bit per the other thread I had started about the hesitation.

Comment

Working...
      X