No announcement yet.
X

92 GSXR 1127 engine into 750F Kat, questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, here's a question: How much do we like the centerstand?
    Seems I need to lose it, if I use a 1100 Katana exhaust system. The 1100 headers are 35mm outside dia., the 750 are 32mm outside dia. That's only a 9% difference.
    I like the centerstand, I find it very convenient. Seems they are a relic of the past, no sportbikes have them anymore.

Comment

You'll need a swing arm stand. I use mine too much.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Have you taken off the centerstand?

Comment

Mine didn't have one when I bought it. I couldn't take all the crap you had to do to get around not having one, especially on the road. I put one on.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

I'd HIGHLY recommend skipping out on using the stock pipe configuration. If you want to stick with dual pipes, it can be done... much better.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Hey Krey, I did not see much available under $500. Not much mentioning the Katana 750 or the SACS GSXR1100. The only systems I saw were Vance & Haines and they were drag pipes with not much ground clearance. I'm a track guy.
              Have you got any leads?

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
                Hey Krey, I did not see much available under $500. Not much mentioning the Katana 750 or the SACS GSXR1100. The only systems I saw were Vance & Haines and they were drag pipes with not much ground clearance. I'm a track guy.
                Have you got any leads?
                Pick a pair of cans that can be universally mounted. Micron for example... you can flip the tubes (replaceable in multiple colors). Match that to custom mid pipes for any header you want to use that matches your engine and performance desires. Most exhaust places can do basic bends or you can purchase pre bent pieces and cut them to have a welding shop put them together for a final piece. If you watch, I've been able to pick up a couple of cans for under $250.00. So minor custom fab = amazing exhaust, and you can make it work with the center stand.

Krey
                Last edited by Kreylyn; 11-04-2015, 09:45 PM.
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

That would be nice, and I been thinking down that way since I got my bike.
                  Cutting the pipes just after they separate under the center stand.

Well, I found new complete stainless Yoshi 4>1 systems in the UK for $1150 including shipping, for the SACS GSXR 1100.

However, I'm remembering this is for my track day bike, so I gotta be realistic, I could have a low side crash at anytime.
                  So yeah, I'd rather be using cheap salvaged mufflers when that happens.
                  Last edited by buffalobill; 11-05-2015, 07:54 AM. Reason: New info

Comment

If it's for a track day bike, ditch the center stand.
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Everybody above novice has.

Comment

I bet everyone above novice is on a bike that never had a center stand
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Well, in advanced I see one guy's riding the olde early 80s GSX Katana, and in intermediate a guy's riding a mid 80s GPX Ninja 600. So it's kinda mixed.

Comment

OK, this is good enough for me. Looks well reinforced by the flat triangle welded in there. My welding is too sloppy to risk getting molten splatter all over the wiring harness.

Comment

A wet rag or towel works if you don't have a welding mat. The only concern I would have with open pipe is rusting from the inside out. I couldn't stop myself from sealing that up, sloppy or not. A Dremmel will clean that up nicely.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Well, I wanted too.
                                All my bikes are kept inside and this one will never be ridden in the rain.
                                Maybe someday a track coach might want to teach us how to ride in the rain.
                                I do have some high quality aluminum tape, I'll cover it over with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X