X

Gas tank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas tank

I have a problem with leaking fuel out of my vent tube in my tank. Any ideas?

Which vent tube? Overflow / rain drain on fuel tank filler cap rim? Or the carb overspill tubes that run over the airbox?

If it's the drain tube, are you sure it's fuel? If it is - you may have a crack in it someplace - and the only solution outside of replacing the tank is to put in a thinner diameter tube on the inside.

Sometimes you'll get a fuel/water mix coming out the overspill tube if the tank is full, it's rained recently, and the bike has been on it's sidestand and the overfill is partially blocked.

If it's the carb drains - was the bike laid down?

It may even be something as simple as water collecting in your belly pan after raining, it mixes with old chain oil and road gunk, and when you sit on the bike it drains out like an oily mix.

Comment

I had the same problem and mine was leaking out of the overflow tube that runs through the tank. My solution was just cut out the old tube and replaced it with a new one.n worked great no more leaking
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=132122

Comment

Working...
      X