X

gas cap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas cap

i just purchased a 93 750 and dont have a key to open fuel cap. can i get cap open from sending unit hole or is there another way to get cap off ?

If it hasn't been changed, the ignition key should open it. Unless it's stuck. You can access it the through the sender hole, a bit of a pain.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

If you have the correct key and it just won't turn: spray a little wd40 in the keyhole and at the top seam in gas cap where the catch mechanism is. Then place the key in and tap lightly with a hammer. It should turn, unlock and open.
      sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

I just went through this, well similar. I have the key, but it would not turn the lock. I found on these you MUST really push down on the cap, side away from hinge, for the key to turn the lock and open the cap.

You can get to the tabs from the sending unit hole with a large, long screwdriver. However, the way the mechanism works, if the key cylinder does not turn, the tabs can not be pushed back to open the cap. So you do need to have the key and get it turning as you work the tabs loose.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!!

Current rides
        1993 Suzuki Katana 600
        1981 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Comment

Working...
        X