X

what i need to build it back right.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what i need to build it back right.

I have a 1992 750 katana and the transmission threw out second gear last year. So I took it all apart an I mean all apart. So its still sitting on my work bench. Now I finally have time again to put it back together. My question is what all do I need to get it back up an going again? Is there any upgrades I could do to the transmission? Where is the best place to order a complete gasket set from? Basically since I have it completely apart what is my best route to get it back together even better than before???????

GSX-R 1100 engine!
    Thats what my bikes gonna get when/if she gives up the ghost!

dunno what prices of engines are like over in the u.s. but they come quite cheap here in the u.k. when compared with a rebuild.

lots of options too!
    sigpic

Comment

APE, while they are expensive compared to local work, their work is very good. I had a cylinder block that was all mucked up and my local machine shop told me to throw it in the trash. I contacted APE and they were happy and capable of handling the situation.
      They do transmission work all the time.

The real question is how much are you really willing to spend on a bike that you can never sell for more than $2000...
      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
      Tony
      94 Katana 600

Comment

best bet is to look for a used engine if you look around in the site there is a thread about what motors will fit in your bike and theres alot of options

Comment

Why is everyone telling him to get a new engine? Cheaper maybe but riding around on an engine that you built theres no better feeling.
          2005 Gsx600f- My baby
          1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
          Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

Originally posted by hinow41 View Post
            Why is everyone telling him to get a new engine? Cheaper maybe but riding around on an engine that you built theres no better feeling.
            Cause they are cheaper then rebuilding one and doesn't mean he can't buy one and rebuild the one he has now to make it alot better but i just figured its riding season and it'll be a quick drop in and go

Comment

Originally posted by muddyman184 View Post
              Cause they are cheaper then rebuilding one and doesn't mean he can't buy one and rebuild the one he has now to make it alot better but i just figured its riding season and it'll be a quick drop in and go

yeah man, dont waste time dreaming, get out there and ride innit!
              sigpic

Comment

If I do upgrade its going to be a 1500 or 1100. Either way you go your still spending about the same amount. Which is ridiculous on bike parts. What happened to the good ole days when it was cheaper to rebuild? The itch to ride is stronger with each passing day. Somehow someway it will get done so if anyone has any sites to go to find what I need for either way. It will all be greatly appreciated. Everybody be safe out there an watch all the other dumb asses around you.

Comment

You'll likely need a transmission and shift dogs.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thank you everyone for replying. Does anyone know anyone in the Cinninnati area to put my bike back together. I truly do can not find the time to do it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by hercules76 View Post
                      Thank you everyone for replying. Does anyone know anyone in the Cinninnati area to put my bike back together. I truly do can not find the time to do it myself.

Ask for Tuna.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                      X