X

She won't start????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She won't start????

I've charged the battery, tank i full! Its a little cold in the garage (12 C) and she will not start.......any suggestions?

An engine needs three things to start. Fuel, Spark, and timing for compression. Figure out which you don't have.

Comment

check your batery voltage while cranking +12? Batteries get weaker when cold. Lead acid more so.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Could I boost it with my car?

Comment

yes, a not running car. Just use the battery to boost the bike.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thanks

Comment

If that doesnt work you might want to check your fuses

Comment

how long has she been sitting?

Did you do any carb work over the winter?

my guess is the gas evaporated that was in the carbs and you need to prime them.
                Kyle

Comment

I put a heater under the girl for a few hours.......bobs your uncle....shes purring like a kitten!!!

Comment

Originally posted by water-guy View Post
                    I put a heater under the girl for a few hours.......bobs your uncle....shes purring like a kitten!!!

You have a weak power source to the coils... cold starts will always be difficult for your bike unless fixed.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

simple way of seeing if its your carbs is starter fluid, if it still dont start its not the carbs
                      track pro

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                        You have a weak power source to the coils... cold starts will always be difficult for your bike unless fixed.

Krey
                        What's the fix? New battery????

Comment

Originally posted by water-guy View Post
                          What's the fix? New battery????

Use a volt meter to verify voltage at the coils (orange wires with white stripes) are putting out minimal of 11v+ to the coils when the starter is turning the engine over.

If not, then the fix is to back trace the wiring harness and find where the power loss is happening at and fix. This could be cleaning connections, fixing damage, or in extream cases replacing wires that are burnt or damaged.

In extream situations you can check out the "relay mod". This bypasses any harness issues and runs power to the coils directly from the battery.

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                          X