X

Engine swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine swap

My 2005 750 has a bad rod so I'm going to just put in a new motor and part out the old one.How difficult is the swap?Can 2 mechanically competent guys do it in a day? Just out of curiosity,will any other motors be a direct bolt in? like an 1100 Katana or a GSXR?

I e never done it but read several treads where people with no prior experience managed just fine. Use the search function (top right) and just pop in engine swap - there should be plenty of info, how to's, things to watch out for, things NOT to do etc.
    You'll also get threads that talk about people putting in bigger/different engines and what modding any they had to do. Putting in a 1200 bandit engine seems to be quite popular.

Good luck!
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

1 person can swap an engine by themselves in less than a day.
      As far as your other question, there are threads such as the installing larger engine thread you should check out. It'll answer all your questions.

Sent from my iPhone since my tin-foil hat prevents psychokinesis.
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by johnking View Post
        My 2005 750 has a bad rod so I'm going to just put in a new motor and part out the old one.How difficult is the swap?Can 2 mechanically competent guys do it in a day? Just out of curiosity,will any other motors be a direct bolt in? like an 1100 Katana or a GSXR?
        I swap mine with a friend and took me 1/2 a day with valves adjustment , and I'm not that big of a mechanic, Had to remove the alternator and starter to put in replacement engine . There was a guy near where I live that told me that the 1100 would have fit, but stuck with an other 750.
        Best of luck finding the right one at the right price

Comment

Our first motor swap took 4 guys a day and a half and 4 cases of beer.

The second took me and Kreylyn about 5 hours.

Now Kreylyn can do it himself in about an hour and a half.
          Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Badfaerie View Post
            Our first motor swap took 4 guys a day and a half and 4 cases of beer.
            It would take me that long too if i had that much beer
            I'm outa here

Comment

Working...
            X