X

Renthal handle bars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renthal handle bars

Hi peeps im a newby to the site can I put renthal bars on my kat 600 ..

Yes, but it would involve either drilling your current top plate to add MX style risers or buying a kit. I bought a kit from Spiegler to add handlebars to my 750. The bars i'm using are LSL, not Renthal but I don't see why there would be an issue swapping them out. Overall, I'm happy with the kit but I have to do something about my stock mirrors since I now only see my elbow. One other thing, the kit comes with an extended brake line. Your stock line most likely won't be long enough to be compatible with the wider Renthal bars. If you want pictures of my kit, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugga View Post
      Yes, but it would involve either drilling your current top plate to add MX style risers or buying a kit. I bought a kit from Spiegler to add handlebars to my 750. The bars i'm using are LSL, not Renthal but I don't see why there would be an issue swapping them out. Overall, I'm happy with the kit but I have to do something about my stock mirrors since I now only see my elbow. One other thing, the kit comes with an extended brake line. Your stock line most likely won't be long enough to be compatible with the wider Renthal bars. If you want pictures of my kit, let me know.

I do!

Al

Comment

I've attached a before and after picture. As you can see, they're fairly wide bars so I've got an issue with my mirrors. I just ordered a set of bar end mirrors today for $11 shipped on Ebay. It's a very comfy riding position! I still need to paint them black so they stand out a bit less.
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! Thank you for taking the time to post the pictures.
          I can't seem to find kits like this for the pre kat. I don't think anyone makes them.
          The riding position on my Kat is not too uncomfortable though. I just have to stop every hour or so.

Al

Comment

Originally posted by everready View Post
            Very nice! Thank you for taking the time to post the pictures.
            I can't seem to find kits like this for the pre kat. I don't think anyone makes them.
            The riding position on my Kat is not too uncomfortable though. I just have to stop every hour or so.

Al
            This is the kit. They do make a kit for the pre-Kat.
            Utilizing the same craftsmanship and quality materials you have come to expect from a top German manufacturer, ABM has developed handlebar riser kits

I purchased it through MO Mowersports and he actually gave me a bit of a discount for being a KR member. The kits weren't listed on their website but they were very easy to deal with on the phone. I even saved their number for future purchases (615-498-4263).

The other option is to drill the stock upper and mount up a set of MX style risers. I've seen that done on a couple other sport bikes. I wasn't comfortable with that approach so I bought the kit.

Comment

Well those kits aren't cheap. I guess I'll just make do.....

Comment

Originally posted by everready View Post
                Well those kits aren't cheap. I guess I'll just make do.....
                No, they certainly aren't cheap! But, they come with a complete riser setup, the bars and an extended SS brake line to make the front brakes with the handlebars.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugga View Post
                  No, they certainly aren't cheap! But, they come with a complete riser setup, the bars and an extended SS brake line to make the front brakes with the handlebars.

Thank you for pointing that out! I may just have to bookmark them for future reference. Eventually I'm going to install SS lines on the front anyway....

Al

Comment

Did you check out these risers? They may be enough of a lift for you.

SCR MOTORCYCLES KATANA PRODUCTS. Reasr sets, sprockets, cowls, sliders, brake lines, clutch kits, gas caps.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn View Post
                      Did you check out these risers? They may be enough of a lift for you.

http://www.scrmotorcycles.com/katanaproducts.html
                      That is a bummer for those on a 750. Specifically states "will not work for 750".

Comment

Working...
                      X