X

Fuses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuses

New to motorcycles, and just bought my katana from craigslist. How can I do the basic things like change fuses? Any help is appreciated!

Locate the fusebox under the seat. Pull the fuses out. Look at the connector piece inside to see if it has been burned through. If it has been, stick a new fuse with the same rating in the slot.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I didn't see the fuse box under the seat.. Do i have to take off the sides?
      I apologize for my ignorance.

Comment

Go to the katana wiki at the top of the page. Download the service manual.
        My fuse box is under my seat, but my bike is far from stock.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

It is located on the right side, you'll have to pull the rear right plastic off. It will be a box with a cover on it, secured by one screw. fuses are located there. The main is located between the tank and battery box, Kind of hard to locate if its dirty, it will have a red dot in top of it. push the red dot to reset.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Changed out a fuse and that solved the problem. Then i took it for a ride... About two miles down the road the fuse was blown again.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenlegion View Post
              Changed out a fuse and that solved the problem. Then i took it for a ride... About two miles down the road the fuse was blown again.

Either the item or the wire is shorting out. Try to trace the positive wire (of the fuse blowing) and see if you can find any spots that the insulation has been rubbed/torn away and touching the frame.

Comment

Yep sound like a wire shorting out. Goodluck
                1992- project katfighter
                2005- GSXR750
                2001- TL1000R
                www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

if you can take a pic of the fuse and post it, you (well i can anyway) can tell if its a short or overload in the circuit. generally a short will just pop a small section of the fuse and not cause much if any black on the fuse body. were an overload will burn the entire fuse section and make a large black spot on the body.

i say this because if it is an overload you will be searching for a short to ground and get nowhere fast
                  if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Working...
                  X