X

How to make abs cement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make abs cement

since every one seems to be asking about how to fix fairings i figured i'd post this not my guide but exactly what i did to make abs cement to fix mine.

for faring the thicker the better your aiming for bondo consistency
    never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
    Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
    confused katana build

Or you could save your self a ton of time and cash even, by just getting a $4 16 oz can of it at any hardware store.

krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

the three hardware stores by me only carry all purpose now which doesn't work
      never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

confused katana build

Comment

Originally posted by blitz2190 View Post
        the three hardware stores by me only carry all purpose now which doesn't work

http://www.lowes.com/pd_22382-138-30...ment&facetInfo=

ABS cement is abs cement.

If your talking about the PVC or other cements is the only thing they carry, I'd have to ask... did you ask them if they will order it? FYI... just because they don't have it on the shelf, doesn't mean most hardware stores won't order it for you.

The link contains the same thing your making only with out all the dust and other contaminates your used ABS and process will introduce. If you want it thicker, then just let it sit out a few mins on tinfoil (won't stick to it) and stir once a couple of mins to get the consitancy you want, allowing the thinner to evaporate.

Seriously... I've made the "home made batch" of ABS cement... the amount of work involved combined with the contaminates that goes in... It really isn't worth making it. I spent more on the can of disolvent to make the stuff than the ABS cement costs buying it already made.

And I will admit... looks like the price went up to around $7.50 for the can. So... the same price as a quart of a disolvent to make it, like acetone.

Seriously... this is like posting how to make paper towels from scratch. Sure, it can be done... but the time invested really isn't worth it.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

it was worth it for me because i had it all lying around, but yea if you can get it in a store its much easier unfortunately around here not many stores, and even less that carry a lot of products

confused katana build

Comment

NY sucks...i cant have it mailed to me or delivered to a store...

Comment

Originally posted by DJ FroZone View Post
              NY sucks...i cant have it mailed to me or delivered to a store...
              don't you have Home Depot or Lowe's? down here they're everywhere.
              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I do. but they wont deilver to the stores either

Comment

Or you could just go buy it
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

So after all this I was walking through a gas station and happened to walk through their rv section and guess what i happened to see, abs cement so to anyone thats needs it try any place that does rv repair or carries rv supplies

confused katana build

Comment

Working...
                    X