X

Has anybody swapped a pre frames to a post

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody swapped a pre frames to a post

I have a question about swapping my pre frame to a post frame. I made a deal with a friend a 92 katana 600 for a set of extra rims i had. The bike has been sitting for 3 years in his garage. i made the deal and stripped the bike down to the frame to rebuild it. now a month later my friend cant find the title for the frame i know the bike is not stolen because i now the po before him.

Ive already been collecting parts for the katana. i have every thing i need to do the hayabusa front end swap. what im trying to figure out is if im using multiple parts from a post katana and i have to buy new plastics why dont i just buy a post frame with a title and throw in the pre motor. i could make it look like a post kat but have the heart of a pre let me know what you guys think is it a good or bad idea

The frames are the same pre vs post.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

thanks for the info scotty

Comment

So basically you will have a post bike with a pre engine swap. Nothing unusual about it. The frames are actually not the same. But the pre engine will slip right in.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post

no they arent, have ya lost yer mind? yeah, you can put the engine in pre-post, but the frames are different in lots of ways
          Last edited by JayBell; 05-11-2012, 12:05 AM.

See My Garage for mods...
          T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
          Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            what???

Comment

Why waste the money if he is a friend have him go to the Tag office apply for lost title

not sure if florida updated there system like TN but if they did they can print his new title on site and he can sign it right over to you

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
              >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

Comment

Originally posted by Talltec View Post
                Why waste the money if he is a friend have him go to the Tag office apply for lost title

not sure if florida updated there system like TN but if they did they can print his new title on site and he can sign it right over to you

it works this same way in michigan, he should be able to go apply for a lost title.
                My Bike: 1977 Yamaha xs750 2d Cafe project
                Kat Project: 1990 Katana 1100/600 frankenbike

Comment

so i can take my pre 750 motor and drop it in a post 750 frame?

Comment

Originally posted by csstaker View Post
                    so i can take my pre 750 motor and drop it in a post 750 frame?

Or even a post 600 frame...

Yes, the engines are a simple swap.

krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                      Or even a post 600 frame...

Yes, the engines are a simple swap.

krey
                      thanks man i did not know this i think i got a new rpoject on my hands i found making new braackets to fit post fairings on a pre were gunna be too much trouble but i was too stuborn to listen so im just gunna buy a titled frame and do it that way

Comment

Working...
                      X