Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Where are common corrosion points in the harness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are common corrosion points in the harness?

Got an electrical issue on my 92, 600.
    I'm not quite at the point of making a new harness, will save that for the winter...
    I've chopped out and replaced new coils into the harness as the cables from the harness were black and green, I was quite shocked that it had lasted as long after looking at it... That resolved my issue a couple of months ago but my old girl is cutting out in the wet again, on idle and just isn't running 100% when wet.

Does anyone know other common corrosion points to give me a starting position?

Many thanks

Originally posted by TypeZXRs View Post
    Got an electrical issue on my 92, 600.
    I'm not quite at the point of making a new harness, will save that for the winter...
    I've chopped out and replaced new coils into the harness as the cables from the harness were black and green, I was quite shocked that it had lasted as long after looking at it... That resolved my issue a couple of months ago but my old girl is cutting out in the wet again, on idle and just isn't running 100% when wet.

Does anyone know other common corrosion points to give me a starting position?

Many thanks
    Any point you have connectors is generally the issue with a failing harness. That's not just plug in connectors, but also points like the ignition switch.

As for cutting out when wet... I would first check the plug wires, plug boots, and make sure the plug hole drains are not stopped up.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

magic,

will let u know

Comment

Look for rub points under the tank as well.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Well I found that the live junction on the right hand side next to the battery is a mess... looks like a former owner decided that splicing and minimal leckie tape was sufficient.
          I'll need to do chop out badly corroded wiring, some connection cleaning, add a few connectors and wrap it properly then test it.

Comment

Working...
          X