X

Carb (not rebuild q) problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb (not rebuild q) problem

When i was reassembling my bike after rebuilding the carbs i noticed that the throttle was hard to roll. So after eliminating the cables as the problem i pulled the carbs back off and took a look at them. It is really hard to get the throttle to open manually when rotating directly from the pulley where the pull and return cables hook into on the carb. While cleaning the carbs i kept them all connected.
    1- Carbs are clean so i dont think that is why they are sticking.
    2- I see the three screw/spring assemblies in between the carbs and i have tried loosening and tightening them and still no fix
    3- ? Any ideas on my next step?

1- There only real place that they could bind up is where the shaft goes through the carb body. I'd suggest giving that particular area on each carb another good cleaning. You don't have to disassemble for this.

2- Errr..... those spring/screw assemblies are for syncing the carbs. You will now need to bench sync them before putting them back on, and then vacuum sync them when the bike is running
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Ok will do. Just to clarify are you talking about the rod that goes through the bottom of all four carbs that also holds the idle adjustment screw?

Comment

No. The shaft that holds the butterfly. The part that turns when you turn the throttle.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

ok thanks, ya well i cleaned it up some and still same problem. nothing visual that i can see and it was never disassembled or any problem with it before. But i did notice that the return of the butterflies to the closed position is almost non existent and ridiculously slow to close.

Comment

There's felt seals around that butterfly shaft, where it goes through the carb bodies. Focus on them, working some very light oil in there, putting a drop or two on the shaft and then working the shaft back and forth until the oil is wicked into the seal. Take your time and make sure you hit both sides of all four carbs.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
            X