Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Question - Kat will not start or even click after I straightened handlebar?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question - Kat will not start or even click after I straightened handlebar?

I did something on the cheap. I straightened a bent handlebar, the clutch side myself. It's straight now, but the bike will not start. I get headlights and LEDS to light up and they dim when I hit the start button, but no engine turn over or clicking at all. Did I possiblably mess up the clutch switch? The bike is in neutral. Any advice would be appreciated.

Check all of your electrical. I'd start at the control switch then work your way down the latter. Check and make sure you didn't pinch/sever any wires. Also look for a short (two wires touching).

Comment

Depends on how you straightened the hadlebar. You may have jammed up the clutch safety switch. Reach under there and jiggle it. Might just be loose.
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

Oh yeah and I guess its important to check if your battery is good.

Comment

Originally posted by dwright View Post
          I did something on the cheap. I straightened a bent handlebar, the clutch side myself. It's straight now, but the bike will not start. I get headlights and LEDS to light up and they dim when I hit the start button, but no engine turn over or clicking at all. Did I possiblably mess up the clutch switch? The bike is in neutral. Any advice would be appreciated.
          You know you have to pull in the clutch to start it, right? If you've never had to do it, odds are good the PO went around the switch for you, and your fix may have loosened the connection. Be sure to check it.

Comment

Kat will no start no click no sound

I have a 1990 kat 600 it was running good exept for the carbs they were dripping some gas that was until last friday when i tried to start it nothing happended lights work good battery is less than one moth old so I took the battery off to charge it when i put it back and conect the cables I dint hear that click sound that always make when you connect the battery what could be??? any suggestions?? 9sorry about my english)

Comment

Working...
            X