X

Filling hole left by grab bar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling hole left by grab bar

So I took my passenger grab bar off today, but it leaves a hole/gap on each side that I want to fill. What would be the best way of doing this? I was thinking of trying to get another grab bar and just cutting away the actual handle and just bolting up the two sides to fill the gaps. Any one else try this or get something else to work?
    2003 GSX600F
    Yoshimura RS-3 Stainless Slip-On
    T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders

No suggestions?
    2003 GSX600F

Comment

Most people do it by putting a solo cowl on.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        Most people do it by putting a solo cowl on.

Krey
        It seems like most of the cowls I'm finding are installed with the grab bar on still and wouldn't cover the gap anyways. The solo cowl is something that I would like to look into more, but right now I'm looking for more of a simple, cheap, possibly DIY solution.
        2003 GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by BEdwards View Post
          It seems like most of the cowls I'm finding are installed with the grab bar on still and wouldn't cover the gap anyways. The solo cowl is something that I would like to look into more, but right now I'm looking for more of a simple, cheap, possibly DIY solution.

Check out the body work threads section.... lots of info on various ways to do what you want.

krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

cut & paint

I did just what you're proposing - bought a cheap, scraped up grab bar on Ebay and trimmed it to just fill the openings, then re-painted to match the body. See attached photo. I kept the original bar in case I ever need it (swaps back on easily). Doing this to look good takes some patience, and I used a little Bondo to help shape the finished pieces, then ColorRite spray paint to finish.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X