X

Question about brake reservoir

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about brake reservoir

Hey guys sorry if this is a stupid question, but i dont know too much about my bike mechanically.

My brake fluid reservoir looks empty (I don't see any fluid throught the little window). Would it be ok to just add some dot 4 fluid and top it up? or do i need to bleed the brakes? The brakes seem to work fine as it is right now. Any advise would be greatly appriciated.
    sigpic

Open it up and see if there is any fluid. If you don't see any in the res, you'll have to add, and I would recommend a bleed to make sure there is no air. If there is already an ample amount of fluid in the res, than I would just top it off and not bother with a bleed.

Is the fluid old? New fluid is sometimes hard to see through the res due to the color. I would check if you are in doubt. If the fluid is dark in color, I would flush the system and just start with fresh.

Comment

My guess is that the fluid ias new and full but you just can't see it in the window, as User stated, remove the cover and have a look.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Thanks guys!!! i will check it out.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ray411 View Post
          Thanks guys!!! i will check it out.
          be sure to cover your plastics to keep any spills off the paint.
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
          X