X

Split Cam Chain or Mechanical adjuster?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by over40victimoffate View Post
    I know, that is what is killing me! Granted it looks like it was ridden pretty hard but still. If it were your bike, what would you try next??
    Buy a $30 digital caliper from an auto parts store. Yank the valve cover off, check the online manual and measure the stretch yourself. Then YOU know for sure.

Comment

They have the cover off at the shop now, I think I will stop by and do that. If the chain is not stretched could the original tensioner spring be just weak or something? I know they have a stop so that when the chain loosens a little it goes to the next notch so the spring is not really what is keeping tension on the chain, right? Sorry for all the questions, I am just at a loss. Thanks

Comment

Ok here is the update on what worked for me. The chain was stretched beyond what the factory adjuster could compensate for. I ended up using a manual cam chain adjuster from Orient Express, the part number is TOP1050-014 and it fits my 2000 750 Katana perfectly. Thanks again to everyone for there advice and suggestions.

Comment

Working...
        X