X

Bringing a Kat back to life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eskimo10 View Post
    It's incredibly tight! And my hands are small! Which area should I look to be getting it out? I'm confused and frustrated haha
    I have aftermarket pipes, so it might be a bit different for stock pipes, but I had to unscrew it (you've got that done right?), then moved it out a little bit and rotated it sideways and pulled it out to the side between the header pipes and the engine block. I took it out the left side (left while sitting on it, right while looking at the front of the engine). Maybe someone can chime in with the particulars for stock size headers.

Maybe this helps:
    Last edited by foxox; 03-16-2011, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Alright, so I got crafty and finally got the oil filter out. Heres what I did:

I unloosened the exhaust by the rear wheel:

The more I look at this I think its an aftermarket exhaust. Its a 4-1 header to slip on exhaust. So I'm thinking thats why I had so much trouble.

Then jammed a long breaker bar between the frame and the exhaust and pushed down to get more room to move the oil filter out:

Not easy, but not hard by any means.

One question for carb gurus. I took mine out and cleaned them, but realized I wasn't sure how the hoses hooked up to it. Are these in the correct place? Or are they incorrect?
      Last edited by Eskimo10; 03-17-2011, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Bumping this just so I can reach the 25 post limit to post in the classifieds, sorry if I **** anybody off by doing so!

Comment

Working...
        X