X

GSX600f annoying Rubber stopper plugs in pilot jet tube

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX600f annoying Rubber stopper plugs in pilot jet tube

Do these jobbies actually have a purpose? Apart from falling out and getting lost. They don’t seem to be mentioned in the Haynes book of lies I have. Are they intended to be a tight fit and completely seal the tube (I think Special K suggested they should be a snug fit) or just sit held loosely by the float assembly and allow small amount of fuel to pass through, sort of like a valve or something? I did wonder if they were some kind emissions gizmo, all the carbs I’ve stripped before have just had the pilot jet tube open so is it possible to discard them.

Cheers Angus

search carbs101 97 and earlier[pre] and carbs102 for 98 up[post]. a how to for carbs.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

They are to seal tightly to prevent fuel from flowing through, but are removable to allow for access to remoe the pilot jets under them.

When installed, the normal flow of fuel to the pilot jets should be through the main jet into the emulsion area, then cross over to the pilot jet area. In general, not haveing the stoppers will cause issues for the fuel delivery for the pilot jets.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
      X