X

Kat 600 upgrade to 750 engine...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat 600 upgrade to 750 engine...

I am planning on putting a 750 engine into my 600 katana.
    Do I need to buy a 750 oil cooler or will my old one work?
    Is there anything else I need to be aware of with the swap, this Is my first time swapping an engine?

Is there anything else I need to make the 750(2003) engine work in my 600(2004)
    Carbs?
    Igniter?
    Oil cooler?

Comment

well you will need the carbs off of the 750 but you dont really need the igniter box it would help though and the 600 cooler will do just fine many people are running 750s with 600 coolers
      time to nut up or shut up
      Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
      The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

wrong! USE A 750 COOLER! its larger for a reason!

you need the CDI box, engine, carbs, and cooler!

and the exhaust
        03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
        04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
        08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
        10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
        05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Originally posted by phil823 View Post

and the exhaust
          Ive got a 600 cooler on my B12 and its just fine. I also have a 600 CDI on my B12 and its just fine. Im running my aftermarket exhaust that fits a 600 and it works on the B12.

Carbs are bigger, so Id go with the 750 carbs, but other than that, its basically a direct swap.
          Originally posted by arsenic
          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

As far as the oil cooler, it depends on how you ride.

If you tend to sit in traffic a lot, or cruise at low speeds around town a lot, or if you live in a place where it regularly gets into the triple digits, then go with the larger oil cooler for sure.

If you really only ride on the highway, or out in the country and you don't do a lot of stop-n-go traffic driving, then it probably isn't going to make a difference either way.

These things get SERIOUSLY hot when they aren't moving fast enough to get some air across them, so if you ride like that a lot, then you need all the help you can get.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by phil823 View Post

and the exhaust

Think of if this way - Kats are picky enough without mixing and matching between 600 and 750 mechanical and electrical... Will certainly complicate navigating through a Haynes manual.

I think the advice here is: You CAN use a 600 cooler and all that; BUT, you would be better off moving as much of the 750 as you can (carbs most importantly). End of day, you'll do best with a 750 powerplant wrapped up in a 600 package.
              "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

decided to stick with another 600 engine..... but thanks for the advice...

Comment

Originally posted by Gabe33 View Post
                  Is there anything else I need?
                  Yup, a B12 engine.
                  -
                  -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Working...
                  X