93 katana 600 vacuum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 katana 600 vacuum

hi my name is cory,
    i just got my katana and it did not have the emission canister on the bike. i need to know where the hoses go. i got a canister off ebay but idk where to put all the hoses. if i had a diagram or just a little help i think i could fix it right up,
    thanks guys
    Last edited by cory; 07-09-2010, 09:56 PM.

93...get rid of ALL emmisions stuff! look at parts diagrams for non CALI models to see what to get rid of
    03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
    04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
    08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
    10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
    05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

sigpic
      -Cory-
      1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

+1

Welcome to KR
        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

[QUOTE=phil823;1970644]93...get rid of ALL emmisions stuff! look at parts diagrams for non CALI models to see what to get rid of[/QUO

thanks i hope that will help...... one more ? i have a hose coming from my gas tank that leaks gas when the bike is running what should i do with that hose? thanks for all the help,,,,
          Last edited by cory; 07-11-2010, 10:11 PM.

Comment

replace all hoses!
            03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
            04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
            08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
            10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
            05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Originally posted by phil823 View Post
              replace all hoses!

the hose is fine its not hooked up to anything but the tank. the person i got the bike from just put a bolt in the other end of it. im not sure where to hook the other end of the hose.

Comment

Originally posted by phil823 View Post
                replace all hoses!

does anyone know where the hose comeing from the gas tank hooks to. it leaks gas only when the bike is running but the guy i bought it from just put a bolt in the other end of it. i cant find anything to hook the other end of it to.

Comment

Originally posted by cory View Post
                  does anyone know where the hose comeing from the gas tank hooks to. it leaks gas only when the bike is running but the guy i bought it from just put a bolt in the other end of it. i cant find anything to hook the other end of it to.

With the exception of a fuel line off the petcock, there should not be ANY hose that leaks/flows fuel from the bottom of the tank. If it does, and it isn't a fuel line on the petcock, then you need to fix that. It's not about where to plug the hose... it's about why that port leaks fuel at all.

If it is a fuel line, then you need to figure out why it isn't/wasn't hooked up to the carbs to begin with!

Pictures and details of what your dealing with might help us help you... "a hose" is a bit generic...

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                    With the exception of a fuel line off the petcock, there should not be ANY hose that leaks/flows fuel from the bottom of the tank. If it does, and it isn't a fuel line on the petcock, then you need to fix that. It's not about where to plug the hose... it's about why that port leaks fuel at all.

If it is a fuel line, then you need to figure out why it isn't/wasn't hooked up to the carbs to begin with!

Pictures and details of what your dealing with might help us help you... "a hose" is a bit generic...

Krey

online they call the hose a water drain. but it has gas comin out of it, the hose is in the center of the bottom of the tank.1 more ? how many vaccum hoses dose this bike have. 93 gsx600f katana
                    Last edited by cory; 07-14-2010, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cory View Post
                      online they call the hose a water drain. but it has gas comin out of it, the hose is in the center of the bottom of the tank.1 more ? how many vaccum hoses dose this bike have. 93 gsx600f katana

Bad news... You need a replacement tank.

The starting hole for that drain is at the top of the fill. If you open the gas tank lid, upper left side is a hole. That is to drain water or over filled fluids from the gas inlet to prevent spillage over into the tank. That line is supposed to be sealed all the way through the center of the tank, to the bottom, where a line attatches to drain it away from the engine and out the bottom of the bike.

If your leaking gas from it... then that line is no longer sealed. The most likely reason is it's rusted out, and is not not only allowing any water to drain from up top into the gas, but also allowing gas to drain out of the tank. Add to that rust is really bad for keepign a running bike due to clogging carbs... =time for new tank.

CA model has the most lines... 2 drain lines (water drain, and fuel sensor level leak drain), 1 fume line for the fume collector that connects with the emissions system, 1 vacuum line that splits... From the side of #4 carb it splits... 1 to the emisions cannisters under the tank and 1 to the back of the petcock, and then on the pre... 2 fuel lines from the petcock.
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                      X