http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

An oil cooled GSXR750 engine will put you right about in line with a stock Katana 750. Swapping in an 1127 would get you quarter mile times similar to a newish 600. 120rwhp in a bike that is 700lb with rider and all could get you into the mid 10's, I believe, with a good launch.

FWIW- the great vast majority of people that attempt to drag their brand new 600 SS bikes have no idea what they're doing. When I used to run every Wednesday at Norwalk, I would beat most of the new SS bikes, and I was only running 11.3's. Those bikes are capable of low 10's, but the riders generally are not. I even saw an R1 down there running in the 12's.... an R1 running 12's FFS!!!
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
        An oil cooled GSXR750 engine will put you right about in line with a stock Katana 750. Swapping in an 1127 would get you quarter mile times similar to a newish 600. 120rwhp in a bike that is 700lb with rider and all could get you into the mid 10's, I believe, with a good launch.

FWIW- the great vast majority of people that attempt to drag their brand new 600 SS bikes have no idea what they're doing. When I used to run every Wednesday at Norwalk, I would beat most of the new SS bikes, and I was only running 11.3's. Those bikes are capable of low 10's, but the riders generally are not. I even saw an R1 down there running in the 12's.... an R1 running 12's FFS!!!
        I thought the GSXR 750 motor had more HP then the Kat 750? The 1127 seems like a good swap, but for one its alot more pricey and the whole "dropping the engine to adj the valves" just doesnt sound like fun.
        2002 GSXF Katana 600- Sold
        2004 GSXR 600

Comment

Originally posted by TjCase85 View Post
          I thought the GSXR 750 motor had more HP then the Kat 750? The 1127 seems like a good swap, but for one its alot more pricey and the whole "dropping the engine to adj the valves" just doesnt sound like fun.
          86-87 GSXR750 engines probably have less HP than the kat 750 engine. The 88-89 GSXR750 engine is nearly identical (outside of the cams) to the pre98 Katana 750 engine. The 90-92 GSXR750 is also similar the the 98+ Kat 750 engine. If you take a Kat 750 engine, and add GSXR cams, you have a GSXR engine. Any of them will make considerably more power than the 600 engine, but none will get you close to running with a new 600 R-bike without some work.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

hmm so how much do 750 kat motors go for? If its really the same thing. I mean I would like to get more UMPH outta it. Arent they like 95hp comared to 80?

What about the older katana 1100 motors? Good to swap? Hp rating?

This is what I have so far from research

Bandit 1200- 100hp
            GSXR 750-105 HP
            GSXR 1100- 140 HP?
            Kat 750 (post)- 95 hp?
            Last edited by TjCase85; 04-02-2010, 11:51 PM.
            2002 GSXF Katana 600- Sold
            2004 GSXR 600

Comment

Originally posted by TjCase85 View Post
              hmm so how much do 750 kat motors go for? If its really the same thing. I mean I would like to get more UMPH outta it. Arent they like 95hp comared to 80?
              Here, I just posted this thread about finding stuff on ebay.... use my engine search and you'll find all the possibilities you could want.

Here's one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-Su...item1e5a88664e
              Last edited by loudnlow7484; 04-02-2010, 11:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I know a guy who put a 170hp snow mobile engine in his 96. It's a 2 stroke and VERY fast. VERY fast!
                95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
                Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
                ---
                I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Working...
                X