X

Changing Head Light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Head Light

I just bought 2 brand new head lights as one of mine is out. I can reach my hand up in there and feel the base of the old light but I can't seem to twist it or do anything to it. I've changed lights on my cars countless times and it was simple..

I have a 2003 Katana 600. Is there a trick that I'm missing? I didn't take any fairings off as I have small hands and can reach right in there through my handlebars and feel the bulb and the rubber around it.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated as it will save me from looking like a fool bringing the light to the local shop and asking them to change it
    - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

There is a wire clip behind the rubber boot that you're going to have to release. Once you release the clip you will be able to turn the bulb and pull it out.
    Currently in the driveway:

02 Ducati 748 Monoposto: Yellow & White
    99 Suzuki Katana 600: Red (Sold to brother but holding at the house)

Comment

Pull the rubber boot, and you should see a metal clip, that has to be pushed in and to the side to release the bulb. pretty much standard for an H4 setup.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Thanks guy! Once this rain passes I will do that.
        - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

Keep your fingers off the bulb glass too. The oils will cause the bulb to crack and break shortly after it lights up.
          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Working...
          X