X

'95 GSX600F engine will not turn over

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '95 GSX600F engine will not turn over

Tried starting up bike, everything is clicking, changed out starter, alternator, starter solenoid, battery charged. Lights come on, don't know what is the next step to check, just want to get the engine to turn over so I can begin the cosmetics on it. Any advice will help

Have you tried jump starting from a car battery? (make sure the car isn't running) You can also try bump starting it.

You may just have a bad cable from the battery.
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Starter/battery ground isn't making enough contact is a possible reason.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

clutch safety switch, sidestand safety switch?
        sigpic
        -Cory-
        1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

Engine not turning

Thanks for the info bout engine, I'll try it soon as I can. FYI: Roaring Toyz coming out with a 240 conversion kit for '95 and up Kats

Comment

I have the same bike, and I also had problems getting her to fire up. A Sgt. told me to try spraying starter fluid in the Intake, I tried it, and It worked like a charm. Hope this solves your problems as well. Have a great summer!

Comment

Did you load test the battery?
              If its not 13V is not good enough
              Try crossing over the contacts on the starter selonoid with a screw driver. If the engine turns over you found your problem.
              it will be a sub fuse or bad wire from the battery to the selenoid
              If it does not, then its the battery, battery connections or the starter
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

r the starter selonoid wires on properly? my car did the same thing when i accidently got the wires mixed up
                "When in doubt, throttle out."
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X