Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Simplest way to add bleeps to your indicators -for those who tend to forget to cancel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simplest way to add bleeps to your indicators -for those who tend to forget to cancel

Any diode will work - use standard types like 1N4148.

Any 12V piezo buzzer will work - must be a BUZZER/SOUNDER not just a transducer. Buzzers have drive circuits built in.

Solder all points and wrap the diodes with the buzzer in strong tape leaving a hole for the sound output. Then just cable tie to wiring somewhere.

Total cost should be under $3.
    Suzuki GSX 750 FW
    Arkapovic Street Legal Carbon Slipon
    Goodridge braided brake lines
    Nautilus horn
    Extender fender and rear hugger
    Kyoto soft pads all round
    +5 deg. Ig. Advancer
    +1" DogBones
    Scottoiler
    Nice red 'Super Grips'

sigpic

Interesting...so it buzzes at you when you don't flip your signals off? I've never understood why it's hard for some people to just push in a button halfway through a turn.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      Interesting...so it buzzes at you when you don't flip your signals off? I've never understood why it's hard for some people to just push in a button halfway through a turn.

When you're dodging SUV's on the 5 Freeway you tend to forget a lot.
      sigpic

Comment

Ive done it. Being cool and cruising to catch a girl or something then look down and..........dam........must have been on a few minutes.
        sigpic

Comment

Thats one of the few things I like about Harley's... self cancelling turn signals.
          Originally posted by arsenic
          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

the same people that make flashing headlights make A turn signal cancel. SDC bottom of page on this link. http://www.pashnit.com/product/signal_dynamics.html
            Randy

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
              buddy had a prehistoric honda and it cancelled like you turn it on
              he got a newer yami and was complaining how hard it was to turn off the signals when wearing gloves
              When I explained to him to just push in the button to cancel he looked shocked

I will admit I am guilty of forgeting once in a while , usually in really heavy traffic
              thats probably the worse place to have it happen
              Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Pizza boys are the worst.. I figure most of them just turn one on as they start out knowing that they've a 50% chance of getting it right whenever they decide to make a wild turn.

But I guess we're all guilty of forgetting from time to time.. little bleeps wont let you forget..
                Suzuki GSX 750 FW
                Nautilus horn
                +5 deg. Ig. Advancer
                +1" DogBones
                Scottoiler
                Nice red 'Super Grips'

sigpic

Comment

Seems simple enough to do. Anything that helps you remember to turn them off is a good thing.
                  www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Cut the price even more. Just hook the 12 volt buzzer up to the turn signal relay and ground. No diodes needed that way..

I had one of these on my first bike it was from JC whitney... It was handy.

Comment

Yes that is more direct but might be hard to do on some bikes.
                      Whereas the cables that run to the rear indicators on all bikes are invariably nicely located just under the back of the rear seat... diodes are a couple of pence each; the main cost is the buzzer.
                      Suzuki GSX 750 FW
                      Nautilus horn
                      +5 deg. Ig. Advancer
                      +1" DogBones
                      Scottoiler
                      Nice red 'Super Grips'

sigpic

Comment

skip the buzzer, and other do dads, and teach yourself to get in the habit of cancelling your turn signals often.. I do it a few times a mile, make sure they arnt on.

oddly, if i'm in a group ride, i'm so busy looking at the road, the rides in front, and the riders behind, that I sometimes forget to cancel. ugh.

still, just teach yourself to cancel cancel cancel repeatedly and yer ok.

See My Garage for mods...
                        T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                        Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

I've noticed that the times I forget and have cagers behind me, they tend to stay back a ways.....
                          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

Working...
                          X