X

Wheel swap from 04 to 99?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel swap from 04 to 99?

Is it possible to swap a set of wheels from a 99 600 to a 04 600? I need to replace some banged up ones and a friend has some that I believe are from a 1999. I know the rear is the same but the part number form the front is slightly different. Is there a fitment issue with the brakes or the bearings or something? Thanks.
    Last edited by lifeguard1962; 09-26-2009, 03:23 PM.
    "The usefulness in a cup is in its emptiness" Bruce Lee

IIRC they changed something on the front wheel i know front calipers and lower legs are different on the 03+ from the 98-02

Comment

And so....

Does that affect the fitment of the wheel to the brake rotor? And does it in any way affect the fitment of the wheel with this kind of swap?

Comment

Originally posted by lifeguard1962 View Post
        Does that affect the fitment of the wheel to the brake rotor? And does it in any way affect the fitment of the wheel with this kind of swap?
        There is alot more info about this on the site... Use the google search, but the basics...

03+ has larger OD front axle
        Wider hubs
        Different spacing for the rotors

It would not be a straight up swap.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for the info

Thanks so much for the info. I have been looking and googling for two days on this and could not find anything diffinitive about it. I am new to the site and am having trouble doing effective searches for info on the site. But thanks for the info.

Comment

not to mention, that i believe in 03+ they went with a electronic speedo, as its picked up in the trans opposed to the front rim.....just find one on ebay or in the for sale section here

Comment

Working...
            X