• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info SPROCKETS front? rear? up down, how much

looking to jump the line a lil beefy

i ride the crap outta my cycle, like a stolen chainsaw,
    i know kats arent race bikes
    but they are great tough cycles

iam not trying to race or stunt for that matter but it seems to be a lil on the slow side... when i first brought the new bike it jumped on the line if i gunned it pretty good... now i really dont see it doing that, or maybe i lost that ballswall touch, i dunno but iam looking or options and opinions

a friend suggested

going down a size on the front sprocket and maybe up 2 in the rear

iam plan to keep the rear until it needs replaced...

anyone have any insight to this?
    WWuD
    i know that or think i know that top end will be lost or gained in the decsion i make here and (i dont really care to go faster than 100 or 115 or 137 for that matter anything over 100mph is juss asking for trouble or stupidly fast and just seconds faster to immanent danger...)
    but thats about where it ends on my knowledge, and i want your guys opinions and options, and what you would do, any help and insight is appreciated

thank you ferr your time

Happiness
    Is a
    Warm Gun.

Im planning on +3 in the rear (50t) and stock in front. The front is a 15 tooth, and going down to 14 would probably be just fine, but I worry about chain binding.
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
      Im planning on +3 in the rear (50t) and stock in front. The front is a 15 tooth, and going down to 14 would probably be just fine, but I worry about chain binding.

it does no harm to the bike correct? I am probably replacing my chain and sprocket soon and might go up in the bike for a bit more kick (top end dont matter to me, had the bike going 220 km/h with plenty more to go . . . i dont need that, but to get there faster would be nice )

Comment

I've got a 14-47 setup and love the way it pulls. I loose a little top end but not to much. I was going to go 14-50 but I think I’ll loose to much top end but from what I heard this would be the perfect setup for the 750.
        I also noticed a pulling difference when I installed my new clutch.

Tok

Comment

15-50 setup here. The difference is pretty much = to dropping all gears down one.

What I mean by that is... at the same rpm and speed as prior, I would have been 1 gear higher to match. I can take off in 2nd gear, and it feels pretty much like 1st gear, but... I still have a first gear that has alot of torque on takeoff now.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            I can take off in 2nd gear, and it feels pretty much like 1st gear, but... I still have a first gear that has alot of torque on takeoff now.

Krey
            Yeah , I did that on accident last weekend . Didn't bog down or nothin , just went .
            I had a 14T front . Seemed the chain wore out REAL fast . Just go 50 in back & see what happens ....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

14-50 ftw.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Nah , 15/50 works JUST fine . For a 750 anyway .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                  Nah , 15/50 works JUST fine . For a 750 anyway .

15 50 for a 750? might have to "try" that (aka if i dont like it i suck it up cause i cannot afford to "try" anything lol)

Comment

Originally posted by rome_rome View Post
                    15 50 for a 750? might have to "try" that (aka if i dont like it i suck it up cause i cannot afford to "try" anything lol)
                    Trust me, you'll like it. It's like a whole new bike. Cruising at 90-100 mph you'll notice the higher RPMs though so that's something to consider.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

90-100mph? our highest speed limit here is 110 km (68mile) so i dont think that will be a issue aha

Comment

i ran a 14-52 on my 750 last year....great torque...but if you ride freeway speeds it sucks...6th gear rpms followed the speedo 60mph=6k 70mph=7k ect. it was awsome through the twisties though and city driving

Comment

Originally posted by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE View Post
                          i ran a 14-52 on my 750 last year....great torque...but if you ride freeway speeds it sucks...6th gear rpms followed the speedo 60mph=6k 70mph=7k ect. it was awsome through the twisties though and city driving
                          from a stop 3rd gear would seem like 1st?

Comment

How did you guys fix your speedometers? Does'nt it run off the front sprocket?

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaKid View Post
                              How did you guys fix your speedometers? Does'nt it run off the front sprocket?

Not on the pre's. Post 98 bikes who take the measurement off the front sprocket require a Speedohealer.

Comment

Working...
                              X