X

Changing spark plugs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing spark plugs

I've got an 89 Kat 600 and it won't start. Seems like no spark so I figured I'd change the spark plugs for starters. I've got a spark plug socket and a good sized extension in there but The plgs doesn't seem to want to come out at all. Anyone else have this problem? I'm looking for advise if there is any out there. Thanks
    Me
    http://www.myspace.com/alllostthings

Magnet?

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Wont come out as in the threads are locked? Or you get it unscrewed and just cant grab it?
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I had the same problem trying to get them out of my 750..... eventually I had to use a pair of needlenose pliers to pull them out. Another way is to carefully grasp the tip of the plug with a fingernail and grab it when you can......not a fun adventure, but it works for me. I couldn't track a decent plug socket here in town and went with what I had.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

And make sure you do it right after you get done riding. /sarcasm

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            And make sure you do it right after you get done riding. /sarcasm
            LOL
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

i had to do some searching to even find a spark plug socket that fit the hole. I eventually found one and it has that rubber stopper piece that grabs the top of the spark plug. Personally, I like the spark plug sockets that are magnetic.
              "The Lord will be awesome to them, for He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; people shall worship Him, each one from his place, indeed all the shores of the nations." - Zeph. 2:11

Comment

i use a piece of fuel hose just push on end and pull out

Comment

Awesome thanks everyone. My girlfriend mentioned the pliers while we were out tonight. I think I'll try that in the morning.
                  Me
                  http://www.myspace.com/alllostthings

Comment

sorry if i sound like a jerk but its common sence

Comment

Originally posted by Rowdy View Post
                      i use a piece of fuel hose just push on end and pull out
                      That actually sounds like a really good idea. Never thought of that one, nice.

Comment

Working...
                      X